If you are interested in making a pledge to an agency not listed in the online pledge portal, contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 974-3061 and provide the following information:
- Name of the agency
- Agency website
- Agency phone number
Our office will contact the agency to retrieve the proper documentation. Please note that the process of adding a new agency can take two to three weeks, depending on the response time of the agency.
Eligibility of Agencies for Receipt of Designated Gifts
Charitable organizations supported by voluntary contributions from the general public and providing direct and substantial health and welfare services are eligible for participation in the UT Campus Chest campaign.
Each charitable agency must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Organization—Organized as a not-for-profit corporation under the laws of the state of Tennessee.
- Tax Exempt—Recognized by the Internal Revenue Service, under Internal Revenue code 501(c)(3); eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions.
- Board of Directors—Directed by an active board of directors whose members serve without compensation.
- Audit—Provides for an annual external audit by an independently certified public accountant.
- Annual Reports—The agency must prepare an annual report to the general public that includes a full description of the agency’s activities and accomplishments and the names of chief administrative personnel.
- Solicitation Permits—The agency must provide evidence that it has an active permit to solicit charitable funds in the city of Knoxville, and if appropriate, an active permit to solicit funds in the State of Tennessee.