You can search for nonprofit organizations that interest you by name or by federal tax ID number.
When searching for nonprofits or volunteer opportunities in Philanthropy Cloud, you can filter your search results based on Location.
Eligibility of Agencies for Receipt of Designated Gifts
Charitable organizations supported by voluntary contributions from the general public and providing direct and substantial health and welfare services are eligible for participation in the UT Campus Chest campaign.
Each charitable agency must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Organization—Organized as a not-for-profit corporation under the laws of the state of Tennessee.
- Tax Exempt—Recognized by the Internal Revenue Service, under Internal Revenue code 501(c)(3); eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions.
- Board of Directors—Directed by an active board of directors whose members serve without compensation.
- Audit—Provides for an annual external audit by an independently certified public accountant.
- Annual Reports—The agency must prepare an annual report to the general public that includes a full description of the agency’s activities and accomplishments and the names of chief administrative personnel.
- Solicitation Permits—The agency must provide evidence that it has an active permit to solicit charitable funds in the city of Knoxville, and if appropriate, an active permit to solicit funds in the State of Tennessee.